Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Love Dare Day 1


Most people have heard of The Love Dare (It was featured in the movie Fireproof several years back).. Well, I have started reading it and doing the daily dares many times over the years but never finished. To be honest I'm not even sure I've ever made it past week 1. I really feel that our marriage after 11 years is in a place that could really use it. So this morning I searched for the book everywhere and finally found it so here goes nothing.  
Day 1: Love is patient Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. - Ephesians 4:2 NIV 
It seems like somedays I have absolutely no patience at all.. Not with my husband and not with my kids! I'm embarrassed by the way I act and by the words that come out of my mouth. I don't want my husband or kids to ever look back on life and remember me the way I am most days! I want them to feel nothing but love and acceptance. I want them to think of our home as a place where it is ok to make mistakes and a place where they can be themselves! A safe place from the rest of the world. I want our home to be a place that my husband (and kids) love to come home too. A place he misses during the day. I want to be the phone call during the day when he just needs to be cheered on! 
The dare for day 1 is to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. So far it's almost noon and I haven't been overly loving and nice but I haven't been negative and ugly either. I will start now being more intentional in what I'm saying, doing, and thinking. I pray for God to give me the wisdom and love that I will need to change the things in myself that need to be changed so that I can be the person he wants me to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment