Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Love Dare Day 2

Day one went fairly well I think. We celebrated our baby's 6th birthday with a family dinner of pizza and left over cookie cake! It's hard to not be in a cheerful mood when celebrating! I'm really trying hard to think before I talk and to watch my tone. 
Day 2 Love is kind Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. -Ephesians 4:32
I will never understand why it is so hard to show intentional kindness to those we are close to. Sometimes I honestly think I am more kind to complete strangers or people I hardly know. If I love my family with all my heart why is it so hard to be gentle, helpful, willing, and the first to initiate kindness? I really need to work on this area so today I will focus once again on kindness. I will put day one and two into practice today and move on to day three tomorrow. I feel like I'm letting little things steal my joy. I will not continue to let satan steal my joy and keep me from being the wife and mother God has called me to be. If I take my focus off of God and His word, His promises I am leaving a door open for satan to fill my head with lies. Kindness is love in action. So today I am going to put love in action and be patient and kind to all of those around me. I have to totally rely on God for this. I can not do this on my own. When I am weak he is strong. Lord let your love shine through me today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment